Monday, November 15, 2004

Chapter Nineteen

‘If you had been tracking me today, you would have seen me leave my apartment.’ Jay said suddenly, unprompted.

Aimee stared at him over the vidscreen, and her face broke up into a grin.

‘What, exactly does that mean, Mr.Gee?’
‘It means that I went swimming today for the first time in three years, I suppose.’
‘I think it means more than that...’

Jay told Aimee what he had done, and he felt that she was warming to him. She liked what she was seeing. Jay was awakening.

‘Aimee,’ Jay said suddenly, ‘I’d like to be able to play the flute with you some day.’
‘You would, would you?’ asked Aimee, unsure of what to say.
‘Yes, I would. And soon, I think. You do still have your flute, don’t you?’
‘You know, I think it must be at my parent’s place. I told you I hadn’t touched it in years.’
‘Would you start playing again? For me?’

Aimee looked intensely at Jay, unsure of what to say.

‘It would mean so much to me, Aimee, if we could play together.’
‘Well,’ said Aimee, ‘now there’s an offer I can’t refuse.’

191 words
13,178 words in total


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home